Absolutely… but it’s not easy.
Being broke—or just short on money—for any length of time is depressing.
And here’s the rub…
To stop being broke, you must be optimistic and expectant.
Understanding what it’s really about
If there’s anything to be happy about when you’re short on cash, it’s this…
Being “broke” doesn’t have to last.
That’s because your financial situation reflects a mindset rather than a permanent reality. And if you start to look at it that way, making the following adjustments will help you stay positive and start to gain financial confidence.
1. Be grateful for what you already have. When you’re struggling financially, it can be easy to forget about the abundance in your life. But it’s there. You have clean food and water, a roof over your head, clothes on your body, people in your life that you love. Those are all things to be grateful for.
Practicing gratitude each day, even in the smallest ways, will make a big difference in your state of mind and who and what you attract into your life.
2. Be rich in mindset. Stop acting like a person who’s broke and be rich in spirit. If you truly desire wealth, think like a rich person and do things that rich people do. Develop a morning routine that sets you up for success. Think about what you want in life and work towards it every day. Be happy, but not satisfied, with what you have.
Think more, appreciate more, laugh more, worry less.
3. Look for opportunities to learn. Read books on personal development, your desired field, and success and making money. Take free online classes. Get in contact with people you admire and ask them about their journey. Never stop learning, no matter how successful you become.
4. Make a plan. Being broke can make you feel helpless, and in some cases, it can lead to recklessness and poor decision-making. Instead of getting desperate, create a plan.
To get your emotions out the way, approach planning as if you’re talking about a person you don’t know who is in an identical situation.
What do they truly want to do? What skills and resources do they need to get there? What would you suggest for them? Answer these kinds of questions and then start building.
Your plan doesn’t need to be fancy; it’s for your eyes only. It could be as simple as:
1. Polish your resume.
2. Contact three successful family members, friends, or acquaintances and ask them about opportunities.
3. Look for inexpensive ways to start making money online.
Doing these simple things will make you feel more in control. And when you feel in control, you feel confident. When you feel confident, good things happen faster.
5. Read about people who have overcome hardships. Many CEOs started from nothing, tinkering on passion projects in their garages, only able to afford food by working dead-end jobs. And, like me, many executives started second careers or companies later in life after walking away from their original plan.
6. Look for the lessons. Every time you fail or find yourself in a tough spot, look for the opportunity to learn from it.
Meditate on what really happened. Approach it logically, as if it were a game that you were coaching or scoring. If you’re frustrated with specific people, try to consider the situation from an outsider’s perspective. What happened? What can you learn about human psychology, capitalism, or your own traits and habits to help you do better next time?
This exercise will not only help you come away a better person, but it will also make you feel much less helpless and more confident the next time you’re in a similar situation.
7. Build your network. Starting over or doing something new can feel overwhelming. To combat this and build confidence, get involved in your local professional scene at networking events. Meet-ups and receptions are extremely low risk and provide excellent opportunities to learn. These are also viable ways to meet successful people who can help you accomplish your financial goals.
At events, pay attention to how others interact. You’ll notice there are patterns: power stances, certain types of phrasing, and so on. Fake it until you make it.
Start taking steps to get there
Ultimately, this is about feeling powerful, and being broke can easily limit your feelings of power. Arming yourself with knowledge and experience and expanding your network can help you tremendously.
When you take the steps above, rather than feeling uncomfortable, apathetic, or not in control of your financial affairs, you will be aware of your financial status without being controlled or boxed in by it.
And rather than fretting about your current results (what is), you’ll put your focus on the results you want (what can be). You’ll feel empowered and inspired to move toward what you want rather than feeling bad about your current situation.
If you’re constantly worried about your lack of money, here are three actions you can take right away to start shifting your mindset and your results:
• Focus on something you really want. Think about an exciting goal and where it will take you instead of what’s currently in your bank account.
• Make a committed decision to make a significant financial improvement. When you decide to make a major move, you have to flip your thinking onto a higher frequency. That’s what allows you to take the necessary steps to go after something that’s way beyond where you are now or have ever been.
• Increase your awareness. Read to learn more about who you are and the laws of the universe, so you will trust that your goals and dreams are coming true.
Get a new pep in your step
You don’t have to be confident before you start working on your goals—financial or otherwise. That’s because confidence doesn’t come from money. It comes through study (gaining knowledge), believing in yourself, and having the courage to take action.
Commit to learning about yourself and financial literacy. Also, as your belief increases, come up with ways to generate different streams of income so you can have all the money you need to create the life you want.
You’ll be delighted with the results.
To more and better,
P.S. Want to prime your mind for financial abundance? Get our manifestation download below.