Have you ever heard the expression, “Hindsight is 20/20”?
One of the best definitions I found for that expression is the following:
“Phrase used to describe the fact that it is easy for one to be knowledgeable about an event after it has happened.”
As we have now entered the year 2020, I realize that I have many extremely valuable lessons that I have learned from over 40 years of personal development study…
…And what is extremely beneficial about these valuable lessons, is that they will serve me for the remainder of my life.
My desire is that these valuable lessons will serve you too.
You see, 40 years ago, at the young age of 20, I met the wonderful Bob Proctor, who was hired to speak at a conference that I attended. I did not want to go to this conference, but as an employee, we were “mandated” to attend.
I am so glad I did!
Bob Proctor woke me up from a nightmare existence. My life was a miserable one. Night after night I would cry myself to sleep because I felt a deep sadness and a sense of unworthiness. I honestly believed that I was destined to live an impoverished, miserable life.
That wake-up call lit a fire within me that has been burning ever since. 40 years later, I am still a phenomenal student of personal development, AND I am blessed to call Bob Proctor a close friend.
The truth is, my own life has changed in every way; from being raised in a poor, dysfunctional, abusive environment filled with negativity and anger … to now living a luxurious life filled with love, opulence, and gratitude.
But how did this drastic change occur? And, is it really possible for someone who is distraught and living a miserable life to change their life?
With focus, discipline and a great mentor, anyone can turn their life around.
Here are 20 of my “hindsight 20/20 most valuable lessons”:
1. Make a firm decision to get involved in the study of personal development and stay in the study because as your awareness grows, your results will continue to get better and better.
2. You can’t do anything about the past; therefore, find the blessings from any and every experience – and move on!
3. Be very clear on what you would love, as the Universe loves specificity. For example, instead of declaring “more money”, declare “$10,000,000” (or whatever number you wish).
4. Your beliefs will determine your thoughts, feelings, actions, behaviors, habits, and results; therefore, if you want your results to change, you must build the beliefs to support your desires.
5. The same level of energy to manifest a small amount of money can be applied to manifest a large amount of money … as Napoleon Hill said: “No more effort is required to aim high in life; to demand prosperity and abundance than is required to accept misery and poverty.” (this has become my favorite quote, and I have personally found it to be 100% true!)
6. It only takes a little bit of poison to kill; therefore, pay very close attention to negativity and when it rears its ugly head, get rid of it and switch to positive. Maintain a positive attitude about everything, as a positive mental attitude will only serve you (whereas recurring negative thoughts will kill your dreams).
7. Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people.
8. The words “I am” are the two most powerful words you can ever utter; therefore, carefully choose your “I am” statements.
9. If you are feeling fearful about your goal, know that you are on the right track. Goals are designed to stretch you and you will grow in the process of manifesting your goal. Remember: goals are not for what you get but for who you become. If you feel fear, it’s because you are entering into “growth”, which exists outside of your comfort zone. Keep going!
10. It really doesn’t matter where you came from, if you want to do great things in the world, go for it.
11. The most valuable thing you can do to manifest your desire is to feel as if your goal is here now; as Neville Goddard declared: “Come from your goal”, rather than “Work towards your goal”.
12. Take action on your goals; you can’t sit back and visualize and expect your goal to manifest in front of you; there is always action required, and I recommend you do it daily!
13. You do not have to know HOW you are going to achieve your goal; simply decide it is already done (you will be inspired with the action to take when you are connected to the outcome as if it is already done; often, this is a very illogical process, and your logic will not get you where you’d like to go).
14. Never sacrifice your values when pursuing your goals (For example, if family is your priority, keep your family as a priority).
15. Take your mind off of the receiving and focus on giving (the more you give, the more you get it’s “the law”; and give to give… the receiving will happen automatically).
16. Trust your instincts (I believe our intuition is God speaking to us)!
17. If you do not like where you are going, change direction.
18. Find out what people want and serve them better than anyone else!
19. Investing in yourself is one of the best investments you will ever make.
20. Quantum leaps occur once you make a committed decision to have one. So decide now.
Peggy McColl is a New York Times Best-Selling Author who is known around the world as The Manifestation Mentor. If you’d love to discover how you can take back control of your life and achieve – quite literally – any dream you’d like, please click here to download Peggy’s complimentary Quick Start Guide now. http://www.powerlifescript.com/freebook/