“I’m afraid to quit my job. What if I run out of money?”
“I’ll never be a millionaire.”
Have you ever had thoughts that are similar to the above?
Most people have.
However, if you want to move past those kinds of limiting beliefs, I recommend creating a life script.
When created and used correctly, a life script moves you beyond your limiting beliefs, keeps you focused on what you want, and puts your mind in a powerful state of expectancy.
My good friend, Peggy McColl, is a master at creating compelling life scripts. She started designing them about 20 years ago when she found herself at the lowest point in her life.
Today, even though Peggy is living the life of her dreams, she still constructs new scripts to keep making her life better and better.
It takes your life to new heights
You see, you’ve got a magnificent power flowing through you that allows you to do new things, make new decisions, and create new patterns that will absolutely astound you.
But, first, you must decide on the life you really want.
So, I ask that you open your mind and tap into your imagination. Fantasize about the details of the life you would love to lead:
• How healthy will you be?
• What burning desires do you currently have that you would love to bring to life?
• What career or business would you love?
• How do you want your days to play out, including how you feel?
• Who do you want to spend time with?
• Where will you live?
• How much money will you make?
The truth is you are already following a life script in every moment. The problem is it’s likely not one that you created consciously.
So, why not create the script of your choosing?
Moving forward, do you want the movie of your life to be a comedy? A drama? An adventure? Inspirational?
Most people don’t realize they have the power to choose. So, they let their old programming continue to dictate the plot, the cast of characters, and the movie setting.
In other words, they are extras in their own movie despite being an individual expression of Universal Consciousness with a unique purpose and gifts.
Well, starting today, you can become the conscious writer, director, and star of your movie.
Remember, this is your life—not your mother’s, friend’s, or partner’s life. If you want a life with more passion, awe-inspiring relationships, or a great business, you can create a life script that aligns with your preferences.
However, to get the most from this process, you’ve got to write a script that allows you to dream big AND still believe that it’s possible for you. Because if you don’t believe it, you won’t expect it, and that will keep you doing what you have always done and prevent your desire from moving toward you.
So, here’s how to live into a life script that changes everything.
How to write a script that pulls you forward
Here are five tips for writing a compelling life script that helps you create a life that delights you:
• Handwrite your script in the present tense, as if you are living it NOW.
• Make it a unique, uplifting, and empowering vision of your future. Use your responses from the questions above to help you get started in thinking about the things you want MOST in each area of your life—physical body, business or career, finances, relationships, intellect, spiritual connections, etc.
• Engage all your senses and include as much detail as possible about where you are, what you look like, who you’re with, what you do, your financial situation…everything.
• See and feel yourself living by this script that is custom-made for you by you. The more you feel it, the more natural it becomes, and the more powerfully you are attracting it.
• Review your script each day. Writing your life script is not something you do once and then forget.
Instead, you should read it every day and refine it as necessary as your vision get clearer.
When you write and use a life script in this manner, it accomplishes five things.
1) Compels you to get clear on your thoughts about what you want for your life.
2) Moves you beyond limiting beliefs.
3) Keeps you focused on—and, therefore, attracting—what you want rather than what you don’t want.
4) Intensifies your feelings and expectations about your true desires.
5) Harnesses the power of the Universe and attracts people, places, and resources just as you want them to be.
Live it now!
Once you create a script that allows you to dream big, you may need to work on your belief that it’s possible.
To do that, read your script out loud (with feeling) and record it. Then, listen to it several times every day. I recommend listening to it when you wake up and again before you go to sleep at night. You can also listen in your car and while you’re getting dressed, working out, or cooking.
With this spaced repetition of new ideas and beliefs, you will change your thoughts and belief systems. When that happens, your actions will change too.
Another reason a customized life script works is that it puts your mind in a state of expectancy. The stream of plenty always flows towards the open and expectant mind. Your expectation is the attractive force that moves your dream towards you.
Before long, opportunities and people who can help will begin to “show up” until you become the person you want to be. Then, your whole life will become what you imagine it can be.
If you’re serious about taking your life to the next level—and beyond—don’t just read about this process; do it now. You’ll be so happy that you did.
To your success,